Greek Salad ~
Horiatiki is synonymous with summer by the sea in a Greek taverna.
• 4 Medium juicy tomatoes, preferably organic tomatoes
• 1 Cucumber, partially peeled making a striped pattern
• 1 green bell pepper, cored
• 1 medium red onion
• Greek Kalamata olives
• Salt, a pinch
• 4 tbsp FeleaGoods® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1–2 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 8 oz or more Greek feta cheese in blocks (do not crumble)
• 1/2 tbsp quality dried oregano
Cut the tomatoes into wedges or large chunks
Cut the partially peeled cucumber in half length-wise, then slice into thick halves
Thinly slice the green pepper into rings.
Cut the red onion in half and thinly slice into half moons.
Place everything in a large salad dish. Add a good handful of the pitted kalamata olives.
Season very lightly with salt (just a pinch). Pour the olive oil and red wine vinegar.
Add the the feta cheese. Sprinkle the dried oregano.